Wooden doors are extremely durable when they have been properly treated, good quality wooden doors can for around 30 Years.
Advantages of Wooden Doors
· Wood is more aesthetically pleasing and more prestigious than fibre glass.
· Wood is a renewable resource.
· Wood can be easily repaired if scratched.
· When replacing wooden doors, they are easier to work with than fiberglass doors.
Disadvantages of Wooden Doors
· Require maintenance.
· If not treated properly can warp in harsh weather.
· Low quality wooden doors can fade.
· Slightly less energy efficient.
Advantages of Fiberglass Doors
· Low maintenance.
· Less likely to rust, rot, bow, warp or deteriorate.
· Slightly more energy efficient.
· Can be stained to look like wood.
Disadvantages to Fiberglass Doors
· Not as aesthetically pleasing as wooden doors.
· Fiberglass doors are a more expensive investment.
· Made from non-renewable resources.
· More complicated and expensive to install than wooden doors.
Why We Love Wooden Doors
Although it is possible to buy a fiberglass door with a wooden effect, they still don’t achieve the same aesthetic effect that wooden doors do! It is safe to say that wooden doors have a beautiful look and are certainly the more prestigious option.
The natural aesthetics of a wooden door will always trump what can be achieves synthetically with a fiberglass door.
Here at Brickcraft Bespoke we provide a full range of internal and external wooden doors including bi-fold doors. As all of our products are bespoke, we can work closely with you to ensure you achieve the perfect door for your style and property.